Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: AGOT Reviews

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Coconut's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi!

    I haven't posted in a long time. It has been a very busy several years... I am finally making my way back to this board though, but I have lots of questions. =)

    We were considering getting AGOT #21 for my daughter. Does anyone have her? Are there any cons concerning her? I would also like to add another girl to my collection. Which of the other AGOT girls can you recommend?

    Does anyone have Kirsten? Would you recommend her?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member corybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2006
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 21, she is one of the prettiest dolls ever. My carla(21) is a early 21 though. But still her eyes are just so different it such a nice hazel, and if you look close enough you can see a bit of blue in them.Her hair color is so nice it's blond but not a very light blond it's pretty dark compared to other blonds, and if the light touches her hair just right one word STUNNING. her hair is alitte frizzy though and the curls really do what they want but still i love her. also even though she fair skinned she's alittle darker than other fair skined dolls, well at least the ones i've seem in person are.
    I also own kirsten and she is like carla one of the prettiest dolls.Her eyes are lovely blue. Her hair is one my favoirte things about the her. Her hair is very long, it goes to but. It can be styled in so many ways and it is also very wavy so it looks good down. I have picture of both of the dolls i'll get them up in a minute

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 08:39 PM: Message edited by: corybelle ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 21 and I just love her. Mine is Kate and she looks a lot like my daughter! I tease my DD and tell her that Kate is going to move into her room when she goes off to college in a couple years. I said Kate will be the only thing I have to remind me of her when she goes far far away to UConn (go Huskies, btw!). But UConn is a great school and we have visited it so I'm not really afraid for her to go there. Now she just needs to 1) be accepted and 2) come up with a loan! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Anyway back to dollies, I have Kirsten too. She was one of my first AGs that I got from a fellow Yahoo group member and she's just beautiful, a PM with practically new hair. I think she was only used as a clothing model. Like corybelle says, her eyes are a beautiful blue. I haven't taken my Kirsten's hair down but it may have been down when she was a doll clothes model owned by the seamstress I got her from.

    I also really like my 24 now that I have her. That hair is so much fun to play with! She looks sort of like Kit with brown eyes, freckles and long streaked hair.

    I am very much leaning towards 26 being my next AGOT. She's just so pretty! I love all the 26s in everyone's albums and her curls are just to die for. I think someone said that she may not be a good one for a younger child who just wants to play with the hair since it's a little more care than normal. I hear her calling me though, lol.

    I could say something nice and enabling about all the dollies I have and have seen, but you don't have time for that so I'll go back and sew for now, lol [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!

    I do not have either #21 or Kirsten, but they are both very beautiful dolls, IMHO. #21 is on my "wish list" but unfortunately for her she's recently gotten bumped down a notch or two due to the gorgeous pictures of some other dolls here.

    I just got #24 (Bridget) and I already love her. She's got beautiful hair and such a sweet expression. Also, my #5 (Holly) is a doll you might want to consider, unless of course your heart is set upon a blonde! There are also many beautiful pictures of #22 & #27 floating around. Please feel free to check out my albums for pictures and if you want me to post some of any of my dolls just ask--I'm happy to oblige you!

    Welcome back to HB!

    [img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

  5. #5
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Welcome back! Which dolls do you already have? I see a Bitty and Felicity in your avatar; do you have others? I have a PM Kirsten whom I adore! She is really pretty, but so are the Mattel ones. I also have a Mattel Felicity that I love, and a GT25, whom is in my sig. She is one of the prettiest GTs in my opinion. There's pics in my sig if you want to see them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite modern dolls are:

    #4 - Asian features
    #5 - Red hair, brown eyes
    #6 - Blonde hair, green eyes
    #18 - Textured black hair, brown eyes, dark skin
    #26 - Curly brown hair, brown eyes, medium skin

    . . . and my absolute favorite is:

    Jess! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I love having a variety of dolls, but I didn't include any modern blue eyed dolls since I already have blue eyed dolls Kirsten, Kit, and Nellie. I also have blue eyed Lindsey and may possibly be getting blue eyed Nicki.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite AGT's are 23, 21, 26 and 22. (I have all of them.) They are all absolutely lovely! With 21 and 26 their hair can get rowdy, but it's easy to fix.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You cna find excellent AG review on the AG Playthings board

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Coconut's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!

    Thanks so much for your responses! I used the FS code and bought #21 today. [img]smile.gif[/img] I can't wait until she arrives!

    To answer your question, currently, I have Bitty Baby, Marisol, Felicity, Elizabeth, Coconut and all of the Bitty Bunch. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Thanks again for your help!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 11, 2006 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Coconut ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •